Position: Community Coordinator - Competition 2021-42
Condition: Full-Time Permanent
Department: Community Specialized Homes
Location: Pauingassi First Nation
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the CSH Supervisor, the Community Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and monitoring community-based placement services including liaising with collaterals and working with House Parents, Respite, and Support Workers.
- Recruitment of Respite & Support Workers.
- Facilitate Respite & Support Worker orientations.
- Supervise overall activities of House Parents.
- Deliver an efficient, community-asset based approach to providing care.
- Conduct weekly home visits to provide support and maintain awareness of homes.
- Provide weekly reporting to CSH Administrative Assistant on which child(ren) have moved in/out of the CSH home(s) to ensure accurate placement tracking.
- Conduct unannounced home visits at supervisor request.
- Complete documentation of home visits and provide to CSH Supervisor as requested.
- Grade 12 education and/or three years experience in similar industry.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Knowledge of Community-based resources.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services (CFS) sector and legislation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a community-based environment with a high attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in Ojibway.
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and Prior Contact Check as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).