Position: Support Workers – Competition #2021-51
Department: Community Specialized Homes
Locations: Berens River, Black River, Bloodvein, Brokenhead, Hollow Water, Little Grand Rapids, Pauingassi, Poplar River
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Community Specialized Homes Supervisor, the Support Workers will provide support services for children in a specialized foster home setting. The Support Workers will work alongside the House Parent/Foster Parent to provide a nurturing home environment.
- Support the Foster Parent in providing day-to-day caring for the child(ren); this includes ensuring physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional needs are met.
- Provide a nurturing and structured environment with positive attachment caregiving.
- Be a healthy role model and source of guidance for the development of child daily life and social skills.
- Support the operation of the home through providing light housekeeping, shopping, or other relevant tasks as requested by the Foster Parent.
- Facilitate family and community connection by working alongside family and community in meeting case planning objectives and maintaining regularly scheduled visits.
- Work as an effective and cooperative team member.
- Maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift and provide incident reports.
- Attend requisite training provided by Shawenim Abinoojii Inc.
- Previous experience working with children and youth.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and issues affecting our children, families, and communities.
- Ability to speak Ojibwe is an asset.
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of basic parenting strategies, child development.
- Must have current satisfactory criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Check and PCC as conditions of employment.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).