Position: Foster Care Program Assistant – Competition 2021-49
Condition: Full-Time Permanent
Department: Foster Care
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Closing Date: July 26, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Director of Foster Care, the foster care program assistant will be responsible to streamline administrative processes in consultation with the Foster Care Programs. The foster care program assistant primary responsibilities are providing flexible administrative support to program supervisors and Foster Care Director.
- Provide general administrative support to the foster care programs.
- Maintain tracking of expenditures by tracking receipts, coding expenses, and reconciling of expenses.
- Coordinate meetings and special events in collaboration with program staff.
- Assist with the development of program policies and procedures.
- Compose various correspondence, prepare detailed, creative reports and recommendations on various topics including informational program material for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare meeting materials for all meetings, take minutes for the SAI-SECFS Working Group, and ensure all parties are made aware of meeting dates and details of the meeting.
- Identify, coordinate, and implement streamlined administrative processes in consultation with program supervisors and the director of foster care.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when distribution of material and file maintenance.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary or high school and a minimum of two years administrative assistant experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services (CFS) sector and legislation and issues impacting First Nation families.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including creative report writing.
- Proficient in computer programs including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must a valid Manitoba driver’s license and a reliable vehicle an asset.
- Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), and Prior Contact Check as conditions of employment.
How to Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).