Position: Accounting Technician - Competition 2021-52
Condition: Full-Time Permanent
Department: Finance & Administration
Location: Winnipeg MB
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Technician will work with the finance team, management and employees to ensure all accounting and processing is completed with high degrees of accuracy, ensure issues are resolved quickly within the guidelines of the policy and legislation requirements. The Accounting Technician will be responsible for supporting the finance team with all day-to-day tasks.
- Reconciling of Accounts Receivables monthly.
- Bank reconciliations monthly.
- Prepaids reconciled monthly.
- File GST remittance annually.
- Reconcile Revenue accounts monthly/annually.
- Assist /train finance staff as needed on processes and reconciling.
- Provide coverage when needed.
- Record Journal entries as needed monthly/annually.
- Assist in the annual audit.
- Assist with monthly Visa reconciliation.
- Assist team members by performing other duties within the finance department.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree with a specialization in finance is preferred; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Several year’s work experience and strong knowledge of accounting is required.
- Experience using SAGE accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel is considered a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
For the best results please apply directly through bamboohr.com using the following link: https://saihr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
or you can send your resume, and cover letter to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
Please quote the competition # 2021-52
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).