Position: Property & Maintenance Worker – Competition 2021-54R
Condition: Full-Time Permanent
Location: 650 Dufferin Ave. – Winnipeg, MB
Closing Date: September 21, 2021, at 4 p.m.
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for a range of work in the landscaping, repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
- Repair and general maintenance of homes and offices such as general plumbing, general electrical, drywall, painting, landscaping etc.
- Maintain small appliances, emergency equipment, and report mechanical malfunctions for action.
- Conduct routine inspections of properties and equipment and perform preventative maintenance.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Complete and maintain records such as maintenance logs and incident reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Valid Manitoba’s Driver’s License Class 3 and/or 5 required.
- Additional training/education in any trade (carpentry, automotive, electrical, plumbing etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of building operations and systems such as fire systems and other major building components.
- Experience using various power tools, hand tools, and maintenance equipment in a safe manner.
- Assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning, organizing, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and stamina.
- Ability to take direction and to work within the policies and procedures of SAI.
- Able to work at height and lift 30 lbs or more.
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Able to work extended periods of time when responding to priority/emergency situations.
- Ability to speak Anishinaabe is preferred and a definite asset.
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record check, Child Abuse Registry, and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
For the best results please apply directly through bamboohr.com using the following link: https://saihr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
or you can send your resume, and cover letter to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
Please quote the competition: 2021-54R
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).