Position: Security Guards - Competition 2021-44
Condition: One Full-Time Permanent and One Casual - Two Positions
Department: Community Specialized Homes
Location: Little Grand Rapids First Nation
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the CSH Supervisor, the Security Guard will patrol and monitoring the Shawenin Abinoojii Inc. (SAI) properties. The security guard will maintain a safe environment by taking immediate action as problematic situations and be attuned to any suspicious or unlawful behavior.
- Patrol SAI 6-Plex Unit to prevent intrusion by ensuring doors, windows and gates are secured.
- Complete log reports for each shift.
- Conduct frequent security checks by patrolling the perimeter of the grounds and remain vigilant for any unusual activity. Recognizing potentially threatening and dangerous situations and respond in the safest and most effective manner.
- Monitor and permit entrance and departure of employees and visitors to guard against theft and to always ensure security of premises.
- Sound alarms and/or call for outside assistance when needed in cases of emergencies by contacting emergency services (Nursing Station, Band Constable or RCMP).
- Provide detailed reports documenting irregular activity such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security and answer alarms and investigate disturbances in a timely manner.
- Conduct exterior property checks for maintenance issues, malfunctions, or hazards.
- Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and professional manner.
- Effective communication with CSH Supervisor and informing on call of an incidents after hours.
- Communicate emergencies or urgent concerns to the on-call SAI worker.
- A Valid Security Guard License preferred and one year experience. A training course will be provided for applicants who are otherwise qualified. High School Diploma or GED Certificate is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Physically and mentally fit, crisis intervention skills and the ability to stay calm and de-escalate situations.
- Ethical, confident, and dependable.
- Able to work a variety of different shifts (including graveyard and/or extended hours).
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).