Position: SWP Support Workers - Competition #2021-02R
Department: Support Work Program
Locations: Winnipeg, MB
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: The Support Work Program requires dynamic individuals to provide support services for children and families from birth to adulthood. This may include supervising and facilitating family visits, teaching life skills, family enhancement work, and connecting youth and families with community resources. This position requires training, education and/or experience in the helping field, as well as a commitment to our values and the families we serve.
SERVICE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and maintain files for children in home and provide regular individual progress reports to Coordinator of child in care.
- Adhere to Foster care regulations and the maintenance guidelines.
- Work independently within the community or homes under minimal supervision.
- Facilitate family and community connections, by working alongside families in meeting case planning objectives and maintaining regularly scheduled visits.
- Initiate the required planning, transportation and supervision of families and children during visitation.
- Provide and mentor a nurturing and structured environment with positive attachment caregiving.
- Be a role model and source of guidance for children and families by demonstrating healthy boundaries.
- Supporting children and families towards the goal of reunification.
- Work as an effective and cooperative team member; Providing appropriate communication between coordinators, social workers and families where necessary.
- Provide objective documentation; maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift.
- Attend all requisite training provided by, or offered through, Shawenim Abinoojii Inc.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
- Prior experience in the support services field
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic parenting strategies, child development and/or attachment
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills and ability to work together in a team setting.
- Hours will be assigned based on the needs of the children and families.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).