Position: TFC Support Workers – Competition 2021-57
Department: Therapeutic Foster Care
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: The Shawenim Abinoojii Therapeutic Foster Care Program requires individuals to provide support services for children and youth from 0-17 years of age in placement homes. These positions require training, education and/or experience in the helping field. The successful support worker will work alongside the foster parent to provide a nurturing home environment.
- Support the foster parent with providing day-to-day caring for the children and youth this includes ensuring physical, mental spiritual and emotional needs are met.
- Be a healthy role model and a source of guidance for the development of the children and youth and daily life and social skills.
- Support the operation of the home with providing light housekeeping, shopping, or relevant tasks as requested by the foster parent.
- Provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere by developing appropriate strategies to support the children and youth in managing their behavior.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, youth, staff, parents, and guardians.
- Maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift. Provide incident reports, as necessary.
- Attend all required training provided by, or offered through Shawenim Abinoojii Inc.
- Previous experience working with children and youth.
- Demonstrated abilities in conflict resolution, showing initiative and good judgement, organizational and time management skills.
- Current First Aid/CPR and NVCI is an asset but can be completed upon employment.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
Schedule will be Day, Evening, or Night on an 8 hour, 10 hour, 12 hour shifts.
For the best results please apply directly through bamboohr.com using the following link:
Or you can send your resume, and cover letter to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
Please quote the Competition #2021-57
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).